Celebrating Today, Planning for Tomorrow Conference 2009
Celebrating Today, Planning for Tomorrow - Volunteering and the Health and Social Services Conference - October 2009
The conference aimed to inspire the further development of volunteering in Health and Social Care Trusts in Northern Ireland.
The event was well received and it raised a number of key issues which are:
- Following the NI Volunteering Strategy, consideration of a regional volunteering strategy for Health and Social Care.
- Consideration of a local Charter for strengthening relationships between paid workers and volunteers.
- Further information on measuring the impact of volunteering in Health and Social Care.
The Presentations delivered at the event were:
- Models of Volunteering in Health & Social Care
- Strategic Policy to Delivery
- The Impact of Volunteering
- VIAT - The practicalities - delivered by Diane Bown (Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust)
The Workshop Notes delivered at the event were:
- Principles of Volunteering - Models of Volunteering in Trusts
- Measuring the Impact of Volunteering
- Job Substitution and Volunteering
For a copy of any of the presentations or workshop notes please email firstname.lastname@example.org