Despite organizational changes the Timebank has been reenergized by the incorporation of the Young Carers programme into the existing Timebank. Two European Volunteer programmers placed temporarily within the Timebank team supported the development of this by organizing a launch event. A new team member, appointed in November 2013 is responsible for developing volunteering and Timebanking within the organization.
Aim of the Timebank:
This Timebank is a person to person TB. It will support the older people and the minority ethnic background. Thank to the expertise and its networks Newry & Mourne Carers hope to target the older carers specifically.
Newry and Mourne District Ethnic Minority Department
The Princess Royal Trust for Carers
Southern Health and Social Care Trust
Soutern Regional College
The Wald Centre and Third Age (Lugan)
Aim of the association which is responsible of the TB:
- Provide high quality support services to carers in the Newry & Mourne area
- Promote the rights and needs of carers
- Work in partnership with a range of voluntary, private and statutory agencies to enhance the situation of carers
- Promote relevant service for carers
- Provide information and training for carers and service providers